responsibility for the death of an Israeli guard.
Late on Friday, Palestinian assailants shot and murdered a security guard at the entrance to a Jewish settlement in the occupied West Bank, increasing the total number of Israeli casualties in the past month to 15.
It marked the end of a bloody Friday that saw violence at Jerusalem’s iconic Al-Aqsa Mosque.

After beginning a manhunt for the attackers, the Israeli Army made arrests on Saturday, while urging settlers to remain indoors for fear of further attacks. Security troops also seized guns in adjacent Bruqin and the Balata refugee camp, according to the report.

The Ariel settlement, near Salfit city, was created in 1978 and houses 20,000 extreme settlers. Between 2002 and 2007, it was victim to a series of Palestinian attacks.

According to Salfit Mayor Abdel Karim Zubeidi, the Israeli Army blocked off 11,000 Salfit residents from the West Bank and closed all of the city’s exits as part of the city’s collective punishment following the incident.

He claimed that Israeli bulldozers had blocked the city’s three main gates and blown up the city’s main water conduit.

Following the attack, Israeli forces attacked Salfit on Friday night, firing live rounds, sound bombs, and tear gas at people, according to Zubeidi. There were no injuries.

The attack was claimed by the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, a West Bank-based alliance of Palestinian armed factions.

The act, according to Hamas, represented Palestinian resistance to Israeli aggression, which “dispelled the settlers’ illusions that their everyday crimes against our people, our land, and our holy places, as well as their invasions into Al-Aqsa Mosque, would go unanswered.”

In contrast to operations targeting Israeli citizens within Israel, Palestinian military strikes against armed settlers and Israeli soldiers in the West Bank are popular.

Yoni Ben-Menahem, an Israeli political and security analyst, told Arab News that the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades had revenge intentions after the Israeli army murdered three of its members in Nablus a few weeks earlier during armed battles in Jenin.

That, according to Ben-Menahem, was a direct result of the so-called incitement at Al-Aqsa during Ramadan, which encouraged Palestinians to strike Israeli targets. He went on to say that the trend of escalation and violence would not stop in the following month.

He was referring to Khaled Al-Batsh, the chief of Islamic Jihad’s politburo, who said on Friday that if the settlers’ flag march was conducted inside Jerusalem’s old city in May, the movement would launch missiles toward Israel, particularly Jerusalem.

During skirmishes on Friday night, Israeli soldiers killed Yahiya Adwan, a 27-year-old Palestinian from Azzun, near Qalqilya. According to an eyewitness, Israeli soldiers shot Adwan from close range, with a bullet striking his heart.

According to Israeli security sources, the security and military establishment will face a huge test in the coming weeks, as it appears incapable of avoiding lethal lone wolf attacks, which would drastically alter the security situation, and Hamas will continue to sponsor these assaults.

Forty-two people were injured in clashes between Palestinians and Israeli police at the Al-Aqsa shrine in Jerusalem’s old city, which is revered by both Muslims and Jews.

The unrest occurred on Ramadan’s final Friday, raising the total number of Palestinians injured in conflicts at the holy site to roughly 300 in the last two weeks.

The Al-Aqsa Mosque compound lies in East Jerusalem, which Israel took in the 1967 Six-Day War, along with the West Bank, which it later annexed in a move that most of the international world did not recognize.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here